In celebration of 250 years since the first onshore meetings between Māori and Europeans, a trip to a place which captivated intrepid explorer Captain James Cook seemed only fitting. Join your fellow Club members for a weekend in the Marlborough Sounds, where you will enjoy private cruises, a 7-course degustation and more.
PACKAGE PRICE: $2999 per couple
• 2 nights’ share-twin in a one-bedroom apartment at the Bay of Many Coves resort from September 13 to September 15
• Water transfers to the Bay of Many Coves Resort from Picton, while enjoying canapes and bubbles onboard
• Full breakfast on both mornings of your stay
• Three-course dinner on the Friday evening you arrive
• Seven-course degustation menu with a full wine match for each course on the Saturday evening
• A private cruise north up the Queen Charlotte Sound to Motuara Island, a spectacular protected bird sanctuary and then across to Ship Cove to stand on the site where Captain Cook first landed. A plattered lunch with wines would be served onboard during this charter
• Return water taxi transfers to Picton on Sunday morning to meet returning transport
Club celebrations for Captain Cook's 250th will continue over the remainder of the year, with a dinner, a visit to the waka as part of the national voyage. Details of these celebrations will be communicated in due course.