· “Quo Vadis Victoria”
5.00pm Registration & arrival drink
Sir Neville is a graduate engineer & has an honorary Dr from Canterbury University. Early experience: civil aviation, IBM, Rotary USA scholarship, VP for Philips. Awarded Knighthood in the 2015 New Year Honours for “services to business, science and the community”.
1975 founded MAS Technology, a telecom microwave company. As CEO grew to IPO on NASDAQ main board.
1998 founded Endeavour Capital. Two Venture Funds. Successful exits of hi growth companies involving commercialization and restructuring. Substantial commercial property development.
Government Committees; e.g. 6 yrs director of AgResearch; and 3 years each on boards of Foundation for RS&T and PM’s Growth and Innovation Advisory Bd, Green Growth, & Defence Technology reviews.
2014 Elected as Chancellor, Victoria University of Wellington
Chairman; for Australian and NZ Govts: Australian Government ICT review, NZ Taskforce for Crown Research Institutes, Education to Employment Panel
Rtd Officer RNZNVR & hon Capt Royal NZ Navy
Past President, Royal Society of NZ.
Past Trustee of: Inst Prof Engineers Foundation, Antarctic Heritage Trust, Hi-Tech Trust, & Rotary Eureka Foundation
Chartered Fellow, NZ Institute of Directors
* Governor General's Supreme award for Exporting
* UK Medal for "outstanding eminence and distinction in advanced technology".
* Laureate of both the Business Hall of Fame and Hi-Tech Hall of Fame.
* Royal Society NZ Thomson Medal for application of science to create prosperity
* IPENZ William Pickering Medal for engineering leadership and role model for engineers
* NZTE, 'Outstanding International Businessperson for 2012"
* "Wellingtonian of the Year 2012"
* 2013 Rotary Foundation, Paul Harris Fellow
* 2014 'World Class NZer' award for 'Services to Business & Investment'